PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
The deadline to apply for the SUMMER 2018 Liniger Scholarship is 11:59 PM. on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
NEW APPLICANTS – Fill out the application and attach necessary documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RETURNING SCHOLARS – Please fill out the application. However, you DO NOT have to attach any documentation.
In order to be eligible. The recipient must:
- Be at least a half-time (5 credits) student for the Summer 2018 term;
- Be a veteran who has participated in combat operations demonstrated by:
- Campaign medal from Iraq, Afghanistan, or Kosovo;
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal;
- Air Force Expeditionary Medal with gold border;
- Vietnam Service Medal;
- Service Combat Medal;
- Combat Action Badge;
- Combat Action Ribbon;
- Purple Heart; or
- A combination of evidence approved by the scholarship committee (certain recommendations, combat pay/IDP/HDP, etc.) that establishes combat operations involvement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (*exceptions for special circumstances – see below);
- Be in good standing with the University;
- Be able to provide one of the following:
- DD214 Member 4;
- Copy of current orders clearly identifying applicant and term of service including documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant’s military personnel file;
- A current DoD id card and documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant’s military personnel file.
When insufficient funds exist to award the scholarship to all qualified applicants, preference is given in the following order:
- Returning scholars in good standing ordered by class standing from highest to lowest (i.e. Senior, then Junior, etc.);
- All remaining new qualified applicants ordered by class standing.
If you qualify for the Liniger Scholarship but do not receive funds this Summer, you will still automatically be qualified for the Fall 2018 semester provided you remain in good standing and meet the minimum credit requirement.
* If your GPA is below 2.5 but still want to be considered for the scholarship based on special circumstances, you may contact Marc Barker or Tim Weddington, at 970-491-3977, to discuss the matter privately.
** If you are not able to complete the application in one sitting, your progress will only be saved by the same browser and computer you used to start the application. Otherwise, you will be required to restart the application.
Awards have increased to $3,000 for the Summer term and subsequent semesters. If you are selected to receive this scholarship, you may be required to submit a thank you letter. Details to follow.