THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE SPRING 2021 SEMESTER LINIGER SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW OPEN!
THE DEADLINE IS 11:59 PM ON DECEMBER 6, 2020.
NEW APPLICANTS – Complete the application below and attach the necessary documents if you have never received this scholarship.
RETURNING SCHOLARS – Complete the application ONLY if you last received the scholarship prior to the current Fall semester (Fall 2020). You may submit the application without documents as we have already verified your eligibility.
In order to be eligible. The recipient must:
- Be, at least, a half-time student (5 credits for graduate students; 6 credits for undergraduates) for the Spring 2021 semester;
- Be honorably discharged from or currently serving as an active duty, reservist, or national guard in the United States Military.
- Be a veteran who has participated in combat operations and confirmed by one or more of the following awards and decorations:
– Campaign medal from Iraq, Afghanistan, or Kosovo;
– Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal;
– Air Force Expeditionary Medal with gold border;
– Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal;
– Vietnam Service Medal;
– Service Combat Medal;
– Combat Action Badge;
– Combat Action Ribbon;
– Purple Heart; or
– A combination of evidence approved by the scholarship committee (certain recommendations, letters, combat pay/IDP/HDP, etc.) that establishes combat operations involvement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA for new applicants (*exceptions for special circumstances – see below) or maintain a 2.0 GPA for returning scholars.
- Be in good standing with the University;
- Be able to provide one of the following if you are a new applicant:
– DD214 Member 4;
– Copy of current orders clearly identifying applicant and term of service including documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant’s military personnel file;
– A current DoD id card and documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant’s military personnel file.
If insufficient funds exist to award the scholarship to all qualified applicants, preference is given in the following order:
- Returning scholars in good standing ordered by class standing from highest to lowest (i.e. Graduate student, Senior, then Junior, etc.);
- All remaining new qualified applicants ordered by class standing.
* If your GPA is below 2.5 but still want to be considered for the scholarship based on special circumstances, you may contact Marc Barker or Tim Weddington, at 970-491-3977, to discuss the matter privately.