SUMMER LINIGER SCHOLARSHIP CLOSED. APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018-2019 LINIGER SCHOLARSHIP OPENS ON DEC. 1, 2017.
We are happy to announce, for the first time, we are offering the Liniger Honor, Service & Commitment Scholarship for the Summer Session! Our timeline is very compressed so please pay attention to the following. The deadline to apply for the Summer Liniger Scholarship is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6, 2017. For this single instance, we will not be using the Colorado State University Scholarship Application (CSUSA). Instead, please fill out the form below.
NEW APPLICANTS - Fill out the application and attach necessary documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RETURNING SCHOLARS - Fill out the application, but do not attach documents as you have previously qualified. Your continued receipt of the Liniger Scholarship is only dependent on whether:
- you remain in good academic and personal standing with the university and
- you are a registered student at Colorado State University during the Summer 2017 session.
As always, in order to be eligible. The recipient must:
- Be a full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at CSU;
- Be a veteran who has participated in combat operations. This can be proven with a/an:
- Campaign medal from Iraq, Afghanistan, or Kosovo;
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal;
- Air Force Expeditionary Medal with gold border;
- Vietnam Service Medal;
- Service Combat Medal;
- Combat Action Badge;
- Purple heart; or
- A combination of evidence approved by the scholarship committee (certain
recommendations, combat pay/IDP/HFP, etc. that adequately establishes combat operations
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (exceptions for special circumstances related to military service may be available);
- Be in good standing with the University;
- Be able to provide one of the following;
- DD-214 Member 4;
- Copy of current orders clearly identifying applicant and term of service; or
- A current Department of Defense Identification Card, AND documentation from the Awards
and Decorations section of the member’s Military Personnel file.
PREFERENCE IS GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
1. STUDENTS WHO DEMONSTRATE NEED AS DETERMINED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP
2. STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN AWARDED THE SCHOLARSHIP; THEN
3. RETURNING SCHOLARS WITHOUT DEMONSTRATED NEED.
1. Complete the application below.
2. Attach required documentation:
Copy of DD-214 member copy
Copy of most recent orders clearly identifying the applicant and term of service as well as documentation from the Awards and Decoration section of the member’s Military Personnel file.
Current Department of Defense identification card and documentation from the Awards and Decoration section of the member’s Military Personnel file.
Awards are $2,500 for full-time registered students and $1,250 for part-time students. If you are selected to receive this scholarship, you will be required to submit a thank you letter. Details to follow.
* If your GPA is below 2.5 but still want to be considered for the scholarship based on special circumstances, you may contact Marc Barker or Tim Weddington, at 970-491-3977, to discuss the matter privately.
** If you are not able to complete the application in one sitting, your progress will only be saved by the same browser and computer you used to start the application. Otherwise, you will be required to restart the application.